Headlines News :
BitMiner - free and simple next generation Bitcoin mining software

Latest Post

Showing posts with label Swansea City. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Swansea City. Show all posts

Swansea boss play down Real Madrid move

Written By Unknown on Monday, February 25, 2013 | 6:08 AM


Michael Laudrup admits he is flattered by speculation linking him with a Real Madrid move but has reiterated he intends to stay at Swansea next season after their Capital One Cup success.



The Dane has enjoyed an outstanding debut season in South Wales so far, leading the Swans to league cup glory on Sunday when they thumped League Two Bradford 5-0 in the final at Wembley.



He has also kept the Welsh side on course for a top-10 Premier League finish while earning plaudits for maintaining their flowing, attacking brand of football.



Laudrup has been linked with a move to the Bernabeu as Jose Mourinho's replacement in the summer on the back of his success, with a poll conducted by Spanish newspaper AS finding that 78 per cent of 40,000 Madrid supporting voters that took part would prefer him over Rafael Benitez and Carlo Ancelotti.

But, while grateful for that recognition, the manager says he intends to see out the remaining year on his contract at Swansea and will not be drawn on his future beyond that.



The former Barcelona ace told Sky Sports: "I am proud of that because there were 40,000 voters and it's 78 per cent in front of two huge names like Rafael Benitez and Carlo Ancelotti, who have won league titles in Italy and Spain and the Champions League. So I'm very grateful.



"But I can't really say anything more. There will always be rumours but this time it's positive rumours about one club or another club.



"I can only sustain what I've said before - my intention is to stay here, I have one more year (on my) contract. And that's it.



"I've been part of this - football - since the beginning of the 1980s so I know it's like that. I'll cope with it and I'll probably have a lot of questions about this probably every Thursday when I have a press conference until the end of the season. But that's a part of it."



Asked if he is planning to sit down with Swansea bosses to discuss a long-term deal in the near future, Laudrup added: "I've said I'd like to stay here but again, even if you have a 10-year deal, there will always be rumours.



"My intention is to stay here next year, that's the only thing I can say really."

Swansea heroes set for parade


Swansea's Capital One Cup winning team are set for a heroes' welcome during a bus parade in their home city on Tuesday.



The Welsh club got their hands on their first piece of major silverware in their centenary season with a crushing 5-0 victory on Sunday over League Two side Bradford at Wembley.

Nathan Dyer, Jonathan de Guzman and Michu all got on the scoresheet to guarantee Michael Laudrup's side Europa League football next season just 10 years after being within a whisker of relegation to the Conference.



Laudrup, who took over the club's reins from Brendan Rodgers in June 2012, has enjoyed plenty of success as a manager in Denmark, as well as while a player in Spain and Italy, and knows exactly what it means to the Welsh city and the Swans fans.

"It is one thing to win a trophy with Barcelona, Real Madrid or Juventus, but to win one with a smaller team like Swansea is absolutely fantastic," Laudrup said.

"It is their first major trophy ever and, especially in this season, is up there with the best things. This club nearly went out of League Two. You are talking about your life.

"Two years ago they played to go from the Championship to the Premier League. That is a world of difference as well. Maybe those two things are most important. But the first major trophy ranks highly in the history of any club."

Lord Mayor of Swansea, Councillor Dennis James, said: "This is a fantastic moment for the Swans and for Swansea as a whole. After their promotion to the Premier League, Sunday's events open a new chapter in a remarkable success story for our city's football team.

"I'm sure thousands of fans will want to line the route and be part of an event that will be remembered for years to come."

The parade will start at 4.30pm outside the Dragon Hotel, before winding through the city to a civic reception at the Guildhall. Rolling road closures will be in place so that routes can be reopened as soon as the parade passes.

Leader of Swansea Council, Councillor David Phillips, added: "This is an exciting achievement and we have pulled out all the stops to get the victory parade organised as quickly as possible and we're sure it's going to be a tremendous success.








"We hope everyone who comes along has a great time, but the safety of the participants and the public is paramount. For this reason, we would ask all spectators to stay behind the safety barriers and follow any instructions that they may get from the safety stewards."

Michu asks Laudrup to stay



Michu helped fire Swansea to Wembley glory and then told manager Michael Laudrup to ignore any potential suitors and lead the Welsh club back into European competition.



The 26-year-old forward netted his 19th goal of a superb debut campaign in English football, side-footing Swansea's second beyond Bradford keeper Matt Duke as part of an emphatic 5-0 Capital One Cup final triumph.



Man of the match Nathan Dyer and Jonathan de Guzman grabbed a brace apiece, the Dutchman getting his first after Duke had brought him down in the area and been dismissed by referee Kevin Friend.



Success at Wembley saw Swansea secure their first major piece of silverware, and also earns them a place in the Europa League.



That means a first taste of European football since 1991, but question marks remain over whether Laudrup will be the man to lead them as the Dane continues to be linked with some of the biggest jobs on the continent.



But, having brought Swansea so far, Michu believes it is only right Laudrup sees them through their next challenge.



"The gaffer here has done great in his first season," he said. "But I have gone up to Michael and said 'stay with us now we are in Europe'.



"I know other people will want him. He is really good, doing really well and maybe he can go with another club, but I hope he will stay here.



"We are growing up really fast and it is always difficult for a club of our size to win a trophy.



"But I think now we are going to play in Europe we can bring in some very good players and can be a stronger team next season."



Michu sympathised with Bradford as their hiding condemned them to the heaviest defeat suffered by any side in a League Cup final, but acknowledged the key moment of Swansea's route to Wembley had come in their 2-0 win at Stamford Bridge in the first leg of their semi-final against Chelsea.



He said: "We scored five, which is never easy to do.



"It was a great performance because Bradford have been very impressive in this competition.



"But the most important game for us was against Chelsea in the semi-final. We are here because of the way we played at Stamford Bridge."

Swansea pair fight for spot

Written By Unknown on Sunday, February 24, 2013 | 12:13 AM








Swansea will go into this afternoon's Capital One Cup final against Bradford without injured centre-half Chico Flores.





The Spaniard has failed to recover from ruptured ankle ligaments, so Kyle Bartley or club captain Garry Monk will slot in alongside Ashley Williams.

Gerhard Tremmel will start in goal, while Michu, Wayne Routledge, Nathan Dyer and Angel Rangel will also return after being rested for the thumping defeat at Liverpool last weekend.

Bradford defender Rory McArdle, who hurt his ankle at Fleetwood nearly three weeks ago, returned to training earlier this week and is in line to partner Andrew Davies at the heart of the defence.

Gary Jones and Nathan Doyle will anchor the midfield with Kyel Reid, Garry Thompson and Will Atkinson battling for the two wide berths.



Thompson started in attack and scored in the 2-1 defeat at Wimbledon last weekend, but Phil Parkinson will pair James Hanson and Nahki Wells together up front with Reid getting the nod out wide along with Atkinson.

Laudrup poised for Swansea talks

Written By Unknown on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 | 4:00 AM



Swansea manager Michael Laudrup will begin contract talks with the club's board in the coming days, according to his agent.



Laudrup's existing deal runs until the end of next season but Swans chairman Huw Jenkins confirmed last week he would like to extend the Dane's deal by 12 months.



Laudrup is happy in south Wales but recently stated his focus is on the present rather than the future and is in no rush to negotiate new terms.



Nevertheless, Laudrup's agent Bayram Tutumlu told Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet: "Yes, Swansea has a strong interest in extending Michael Laudrup's contract.



"In the coming days, we will meet with Swansea and discuss the possibility of an extension."



Laudrup is enjoying a good first season in charge of Swansea after replacing Brendan Rodgers in June.



The 48-year-old has led the Swans into the top half of the Barclays Premier League table and they are already just three points shy of the 40 widely regarded as the mark required to avoid relegation.



Laudrup has also guided Swansea to the Capital One Cup final at Wembley later this month, where they will face Bradford.

Michu signs new deal at Swansea

Written By Unknown on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 | 3:52 AM

Forward Michu has signed a new deal at Swansea City that will keep him at the club until the end of 2016.



The Spaniard, who has scored 16 goals in 28 games so far for the Premier League side, has put pen-to-paper on an improved deal that is effectively a one-year extension of his previous contract.



"It was an easy decision for me,'' Michu told the club's official website. "I am living a dream here at Swansea.



"I'm probably enjoying my football more than ever. It's easy to play with this team and tonight I have the chance to reach the first final of my career.



"I'm really happy here in the city with the people, the club and the fans. Everyone has been so nice to me since I arrived.



"I think the club are happy with me because they have given me a new contract. I am certainly happy with the club.''

Swansea close in on Roland Lamah

Written By Unknown on Monday, January 14, 2013 | 4:21 AM

Spanish newspaper AS is reporting that Swansea are in talks with Osasuna midfielder Roland Lamah.



Rather than resting on their laurels following a bright start to the season, Swansea officials are looking for ways to further reinforcing the squad.



With both Michu and Danny Graham linked with January exit, the Swans are keen to add few more players to their ranks during the winter transfer window.



According to AS, the Premier League side are closing in on Osasuna midfielder Roland Lamah.



The same source claims the player has been given permission by his club to negotiate personal terms with Swansea, with the transfer set to be completed in the coming days.



Lamah, 25, joined Osasuna from Le Mans in the summer of 2011 and quickly established himself as a first team regular.



The Belgian has made a total of 45 La Liga appearances for the club, and scored 3 goals.
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Tricks Tutorial FootBall - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger